So I was running yesterday (1.5 miles on a treadmill – this is really amazing for me) and was thinking about what I wanted to do with this year. I’ve come up with some new guidelines for living and got really excited about them because I think they are things I can commit to and can definitely achieve. Very much like my 24 books in 12 months goal: even if I don’t hit the end goal, I’ll still get pretty far and that’s just as good.
So without further ado, here they are:
– I will be active every day. Most days this means gym, but I will also start using my cheapo Reebok pedometer to make sure I am meeting that 10k steps/day min.
– No meat on weekdays (very lax on this one as I’ve been eating lots of fish this week)
– Brain training. I’ve started using Lumosity and it’s kind of interesting, supposedly it’s exercises to improve neuroplasticity. I’m only on day four so we’ll see how I feel after about a month. I’ve also started using DuoLingo to teach myself Spanish.
– This will be the year of blog. I will blog once a week. I will also learn how to fix this WordPress template.
– 12 items, 12 months. I’m bringing this one back. I want to save money so I’m only allowed to buy one new article of clothing (including shoes and purses, excluding bras, panties and socks).
I’m pretty sure I thought of more on that 15 minute mile but I think those are probably the most significant ones.